The site was first approved by the FDA in 1982, and is regularly inspected.
Hovione Loures has been operational since 1969. The site has grown continually as upgraded facilities have been added. The plant was first approved by the FDA in 1982, and is regularly inspected.
The site has an extensive capacity for drug substance manufacturing and particle engineering. Hovione Loures can support the development, piloting and full commercialization of your drug substance and drug product intermediate based on an available capacity of 430 cubic meters of vessels, ranging from 50 to 14,000lt, complemented with a full range of spray dryers, from lab scale to industrial sizes.
Areas of Focused Expertise
The site has world class capabilities and physical assets in the following areas:
- Highly Potent API Handling (down to 0.03µm/m3)
- Cryogenic (Volume 2000L to 5000L, Temperature Range -120 to 200ºC)
- Hydrogenation (Volume 100L to 5000L, Pressure Rating 10 to 100bar)
- Corticosteroids (Volume 50L to 8000L in two dedicated buildings)
- Spray drying (Lab Scale, PSD1 to PSD4)
- Potent spray drying (PSD3)
For details about production equipment – click here
- The Loures plant operates 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Quality Control labs support production 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Plant maintenance shutdown period takes place for 3 weeks in August.
The site has an Health, Safety and Environment Management System in accordance with OHSAS18001 and ISO14001. The system is periodically audited and reviewed and is ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 certified.
The site is a certified Authorized Economic Operator.
Hovione FarmaCiencia SA is a member of the BCSD Portugal which reflects our commitment to work for a more sustainable business.
C&EN, 21 November 2021
Aubin House, 11th Floor
171-172 Gloucester Road
Hong Kong SAR
Tel.: +852 2891 1836
Fax: +852 2891 0943
Hovione Holding Limited India
C/o WeWork, 2nd floor,
Oberoi Commerz - II, 1,
Off Western Express Highway,
Oberoi Garden City, Goregaon East,
Mumbai, Maharashtra 400063, India
Tel.: +919 004 261 523